WEIRDEST. DREAM. EVER.

Friday, May 6, 2011 7:35 AM Posted by Ruthie
I'm rehearsing for some kind of massive performance of a piece by Benjamin Britten (at least, in my dream it's by him, but he would never write something like this. It was more like Tan Dun). There were dancers with props, several choirs, vocal soloists, a massive orchestra, and we were all in the Northwestern College RSC gym where they hold graduation ceremonies. There was a tiny space in the very back for an audience.

I was a vocal soloist, along with a girl at IU I'll call M (because they forgot to hire them and me and M were closest to the conductor). I had the soprano part. It was mostly high Es in half and whole notes. I think it was 3/2 time. When I tried to sing (an E is normally no problem for me) my voice was small and airy, like I had some phlegm in my throat. I couldn't clear it.

Then later I was a dancer. I lost my props at one point, but then my friend and I discovered that some jackass tenor had stolen them for no good reason. So we had to find them and run through backstage (yes, the gym apparently had a backstage) to get away from the angry tenor. One of my props was a broom and dustpan. I think there was also a baton. Several of my high school classmates were also dancers. The rehearsal went fine, but during the performance I was late to my position because the damn tenor stole my props again. I ended up on the other side of the dance floor (which, by the way, was as far away from the audience as possible) where the choreography was different.

After the performance we (several of my friends from the performance) ended up in a tiny theater listening to some dude talk. At some point the dude talking was interrupted by a bum saying he was trying to sleep. Anyway, somehow I ended up at my friend K's house (K is a friend from IU). Our mutual friend N was living there with his boyfriend, whom I thought was named Gil (the name of Oscar's boyfriend from "The Office"). Apparently N didn't think I knew he was gay, so he was trying to seduce me for some reason. When he was trying to kiss me, I stopped him and told him I saw the purple bathtub stenciled on his wall and I had met Gil, so he could stop leading me on. Then I went into K's room, which was AWESOME. It was filled with plants. She had one part of the room partitioned off by shelves full of plants so she could feel like she was in the jungle.

Ok, starting to forget the dream now. But I know there was more weirdness. Something about a giant pickle.

1 Response to "WEIRDEST. DREAM. EVER."

  1. candifer Says:

    "I stopped him and told him I saw the purple bathtub stenciled on his wall." hahahahaha somehow this signifies he's gay?! RANDOM DREAM. wow! how u been, ruthie?? loooong time no talk, eh?

Post a Comment